Czech technical standards – electronic access
Czech technical standards are available to all library users in PDF format via the ČSN online service:
- in the library
- remotely – via Shibboleth, using a university account and an LDAP password (it is not necessary to be in the university network)
Access to standards in the library:
- in the study room in Ostrava-Poruba (2 workstations)
- in the lending department in Ostrava-Poruba
- in the library and study room at the Faculty of Safety Engineering
- in the library and study room at the Faculty of Civil Engineering
Information on the ČSN Online database
The database makes available:
- all valid standards issued by the Czech Standardization Agency (formerly the Czech Office for Standards, Metrology and Testing)
- invalid standards that lost their validity after 1997
The ČSN online for libraries service does not allow printing of standards, only their viewing on a computer.
Due to licensing restrictions it is not possible to print or otherwise reproduce the standards, i.e. they neither cannot be copied free of charge nor sent by e-mail (or via other electronic means). The restriction is based on the Czech Standardization Agency regulation on the use and reproduction of standards(in Czech).
Remote access to the ČSN online database for VSB-TUO has been in operation since May 2021.
The access is provided free of charge only to students and pedagogical staff of the university on the basis of an agreement between VSB-TUO and Czech Standardization Agency.
The database contains full texts of all valid Czech technical standards and technical standardization information. PDF files can be viewed only, printing is not possible.
In order to be able to read the standards, it is necessary to install Adobe Acrobat Reader ver. 8 or later + FileOpen plugin, and carefully read the technical and license conditions for using the service.
Detailed technical and license conditions for the use of Czech technical standards can be found here.