Loans must be returned within their loan periods.
When the library is closed, loans can be returned using Biblioboxes
Biblioboxes are located at:
- The main library building in Ostrava–Poruba, at the main outdoor entrance
- Faculty of Economics, by the main outdoor entrance
- Faculty of Safety Engineering, at the reception desk
Returning loans using biblioboxes:
- Documents from library collections can be returned outside the library opening hours.
- Returned documents will be written off from the user account on the next working day.
- The library does not send notices about writing off documents returned via a biblobox.
- Damaged or incomplete documents (without annexes etc.) will not be written off from the user account.
- Users are obliged to pay potential overdue fines before writing off their loans returned using bibliobox.
- Biblioboxes cannot be used for returning inter-library loans.
Loans can be renewed.
If the loan period expires, students and external users are obliged to pay overdue fines according to Library and Lending Rules of the VŠB-TUO Central Library.
Period of loans can be renewed according to Library rules (see loan periods). Renewals are allowed only if the document has not been reserved by another user.
Renewals can be performed:
- using My account in the online catalogue;
- by phone, see Key contacts;
- by sending a request to the e-mail address email@example.com