- The VŠB-TUO Central Library offers inter-library loan (ILL) service for libraries both in the Czech Republic and abroad.
- ILL services for libraries are free of charge, including making photocopies.
- If the VŠB-TUO Central Library does not own the desired document, the request is:
- passed to another library, or
- returned back to the requesting library.
Documents excluded from ILL for libraries
Documents from following collections or types cannot be loaned as ILL to another library:
- collections in reading rooms determined for in-house use
- historical collections
- journals and magazines
- ČSN technical standards
- VŠB-TUO theses
The request cannot be supplied by providing a digital copy due to unfavorable conditions set between libraries and representatives of copyright holders.
Usually, one month with the possibility of renewal, if the document has not been reserved by our library users.
Obligations of requesting libraries
Requesting library is responsible for the loaned document(s) as to their damage or loss till the document(s) is/are returned to the VŠB-TUO Central Library.
Requesting library is obliged to:
- observe determined periods of:
- due date,
- request for renewal,
- in-house use of supplied document only, if required;
- return loaned document back to the VŠB-TUO Central Library;
- attach ILL dispatch note or other evidence of ILL to the returned document.
ILL for libraries is administrated by:
Kateřina Daňková, phone ∓ fax (+420) 597 324 598
Vysoká škola báňská - Technická univerzita Ostrava
17. listopadu 15/2172
708 33 Ostrava
Sigla (Library code)