- The VŠB-TUO Central Library offers inter-library loan (ILL) service for libraries both in the Czech Republic and abroad.
- ILL services for libraries are free of charge, including making photocopies.
- If the VŠB-TUO Central Library does not own the desired document, the request is:
- passed to another library, or
- returned back to the requesting library.
Documents excluded from ILL for libraries
The following types of documents cannot be lent as ILL to another library:
- collections in reading rooms determined for in-house use
- historical collections
- journals and magazines
- ČSN technical standards
- VŠB-TUO theses
The request cannot be fulfilled by providing a digital copy due to unfavorable conditions set between libraries and representatives of copyright holders.
The loan period is usually 1 month with the possibility of renewal, unless the document has been reserved by our library users.
Obligations of requesting libraries
A requesting library is responsible for security of the borrowed document until it is returned to the VŠB-TUO Central Library.
Requesting library is obliged to:
- observe given conditions:
- due date,
- request for renewal,
- if required, only in-house use of the provided document
- return loaned document back to the VŠB-TUO Central Library
- attach ILL dispatch note or other evidence of ILL to the returned document.
ILL for libraries is administrated by:
Kateřina Daňková, phone ∓ fax (+420) 597 324 598
VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
17. listopadu 2172/15
708 00 Ostrava-Poruba
Sigla (Library code)