- For documents that are not in the VŠB-TUO Central Library collections or among available e-resources.
- Users can request a document or its copy and we will supply it by providing loan or photocopy from another library in the Czech Republic or abroad.
- The requested document must be related to pedagogic, research or study activity.
- The service is provided to registered library users:
- free of charge for internal users (VŠB-TUO employees, students, etc.),
- charged for external users in accordance with the Price list.
Requests for inter-library loans
Fill in the form in the online catalogue, menu My account, button „ILL Request“.
Please, fill in this form as complete and accurate as possible, including document identifiers like ISBN, ISSN or DOI. Clear specification of your request will facilitate and accelerate its fulfillment.
Using inter-library loan service, users can request:
- monographs, textbooks, proceedings, dissertations, foreign technical standards, research reports, etc. - these requests are usually supported by loaning the original document;
- articles, papers from journals, magazines, conference proceedings, etc. - these requests are usually fulfilled by providing a photocopy of a document;
- loans of original documents for VŠB-TUO students are provided for in-house use in reading room only.
Following documents cannot be supplied due to copyright or other restrictions:
- loans of whole volumes or issues of journals, old and rare prints, manuscripts, ČSN standards, audiovisual documents, some sources on CDs/DVDs; most of the Czech universities do not lend their theses.
Supplying inter-library loan requests
- The processing time of your request depends on the library that owns the original document.
- Copies of articles are usually provided within 3–7 days.
- Other requests are fulfilled within 7–14 days, but it can sometimes take a month or more.
- Users are informed about their completed requests by e-mail or phone instantly.
- Loan period of inter-library loans depends on conditions determined by the providing library. Common periods are about 30 days or 14 days for documents from libraries abroad.
- The only possible form of inter-library loans for VŠB-TUO students is in the reading room (in-house use) and can further be specified by the providing library.
Inter-library loan service for VŠB-TUO Central Library users is administrated by:
Mgr. Helena Rohlová, phone: 597 324 571, Reading Room, Main Library Building in Ostrava-Poruba