– information on the operation of the Central Library is continuously updated according to the current situation and information published on the VSB‑TUO website Information about coronavirus
. Last updated on July 16th, 2020.
The Central Library with all its branches (at the Faculties of Economics, of Safety Engineering and of Civil Engineering) has been closed since March 13, 2020. It opened again on April 23rd, or more precisely on May 4th, 2020, operating in a limited regime.
As for opening hours from June 29th to July 17th, 2020, please see details below.
Since May 4th, 2020, lending services have been providedto all users of the Central Library, including external readers, in a limited regime and under the following conditions:
- Physical pickup of the ordered documents is possible within the opening hours of the lending department in Poruba and branches at the Faculty of Economics, Faculty of Safety Engineering and Faculty of Civil Engineering;
- Users entering the lending department, including open stores and PC rooms in Poruba, must observe 2m social distancing and use respiratory protection aids;
- There are hand disinfectants available at all lending departments;
- Documents can be returned through outdoor biblioboxes, located in front of the Central Library building in Poruba and in front of the Faculty of Economics in the city centre, or through a book return box located at the Faculty of Safety Engineering (applicable until May 17; since May 18th it has been possible to return books at the lending departments as well).
Please see the Opening Hours section.
Reading room services are provided in the standard way, in compliance with the following hygienic measures:
- Hand disinfection,
- respiratory protection,
- observing the safe distance of 2 m and keeping presence of 1 user per 10 m2.
ORDERING DOCUMENTS VIA ONLINE CATALOGUE
Orders for documents can be placed in online catalogue after logging into the reader’s account.
- only from the location: ÚK/Sklad knih (Central Library/Bookstore)
Users are informed about the pickup location of the ordered documents in advance.
LOAN PERIODS AND DOCUMENT RESERVATIONS
Loan periods of documents lent since April 23rd, 2020 have been set up in the standard manner according to the Library and Lending Rules (PDF).
The reservation mode is modified in accordance with the adjustment of the loan period mode.
INTER-LIBRARY LOAN SERVICE
The inter-library loan service is provided to all users of the Central Library according to standard rules. It is provided in connection with provision of services of other libraries.
Consultation services are provided on the grounds of written inquiries sent:
PURCHASE OF PRINTED BOOKS
Purchase of printed books, Czech as well as foreign, takes place in the standard mode.
Requests for book purchases can be sent to the following e-mail addresses:
Andrea Motáková; email@example.com (Czech titles),
Jana Černínová; jana.černinova@vsb.cz (foreign titles).
PURCHASE OF E-BOOKS
Requests for purchasing e-books can be sent to the e-mail address:
Ing. Jana Pohludková; firstname.lastname@example.org.
E-resources can be accessed off-site, allowing you to work from home or from another location. Methods of off-site access: Virtual private network (VPN) – connect to the University VPN; Czech academic identity federation eduID.cz / Institutional login.
More information: https://knihovna.vsb.cz/en/catalogues-databases/databases-and-e-sources/e-resources/
REGISTRATION OF PUBLICATION ACTIVITY IN OBD
Users can submit requests for adding codes to lists of sources, conferences and publishers via idesk (OBD queue). The responsible staff handles the requests in the shortest possible time.
Circulation department Poruba
+420 597 324 574
Reading Room Poruba
+420 597 324 566
Faculty of Economics – Circulation Desk, Study Room
+420 597 322 154
Faculty of Safety Engineering Library
+420 597 322 807
|Faculty of Civil Engineering Library
+420 597 321 334
E-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff and phone directory