– information on the operation of the Central Library is continuously updated according to the current situation and information published on the VSB‑TUO website Information about coronavirus
. Last updated on July 13th, 2021.
Central Library of VSB-TUO is providing its services to internal and external users in lending departments and study rooms in Poruba, at the Faculty of Economics, Faculty of Safety Engineering and Faculty of Civil Engineering.
From July 5th, 2021, there will be summer opening hours of the lending departments and study rooms in Poruba, at the Faculty of Economics, Faculty of Safety Engineering and Faculty of Civil Engineering, in connection with the exam period.
NOTICE TO STUDENTS AND EXTERNAL USERS
Both forms are available also at the receptions.
Operation of the Central Library can be adjusted any time according to the current development of the coronavirus epidemic in the Czech Republic.
Please see the Opening hours section.
- Lending services are provided in the standard regime, see Loans, Returns, Renewals and Reservations, Loans Requests.
- Documents can be returned through outdoor biblioboxes, located in front of the Central Library building in Poruba and in front of the Faculty of Economics in the city centre, or through a book return box, located at the Faculty of Safety Engineering.
- It is possible to borrow and return documents through Czech Post. Users with residence outside the Ostrava district can request shipment of the borrowed documents by post on email@example.com. Documents for return can be sent to the address: Ústřední knihovna VŠB-TUO, 17. listopadu 2172/15, Ostrava 708 00.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USERS
All users are obliged to observe the following set of rules:
- wear respiratory protection – a respirator without an exhalation valve with a filtration efficiency of at least 95 % according to relevant standards (e.g. FFP2/KN95),
- disinfect their hands,
- keep the safe distance – users can enter the lending departments, study rooms and computer rooms when keeping the presence of 1 user per 15 m2.
All users are required to fill in the statutory declaration when entering the library building, please see the information above.
All users are required to follow the instructions of the library staff.
For opening hours valid from May 24th to July 2nd, 2021 please see the Opening Hours section.
ORDERING DOCUMENTS VIA ONLINE CATALOGUE
Making reservations and placing orders for documents takes place in a standard manner.
LOAN PERIODS AND DOCUMENT RESERVATIONS
Loan periods are generated in the standard manner, according to effective Library and Lending rules.
INTER-LIBRARY LOAN SERVICE
The inter-library loan service is provided in connection with provision of services of other libraries.
Consultation services are provided on the grounds of written inquiries sent:
PURCHASE OF PRINTED BOOKS
Purchase of printed books, Czech as well as foreign ones, takes place in the standard mode.
Requests for book purchases can be sent to through online forms:
Requests are handled by:
Andrea Motáková; firstname.lastname@example.org (Czech titles),
Jana Černínová; email@example.com (foreign titles).
PURCHASE OF E-BOOKS
Requests for purchasing e-books can be sent to the e-mail address:
Ing. Jana Pohludková; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Availability of Information Resources
Scanning of Documents from In-house Use Library Collections
Due to the limited operation of the Central Library during the Covid-19 pandemic, the library has offered a new service – scanning of documents that are intended for in-house use only (i.e. documents from reading rooms, bound journal volumes from the repository, theses not available in electronic form in DSpace). The service is intended primarily for final-year students of all forms of study. Requests for scans can be sent to email@example.com.
E-resources can be accessed off-site, allowing you to work from home or from another location. Methods of off-site access: Virtual private network (VPN) – connect to the University VPN; Czech academic identity federation eduID.cz / Institutional login.
More information: https://knihovna.vsb.cz/en/catalogues-databases/databases-and-e-sources/e-resources/
- Tutorials on E-Resources - overview contains links to tutorials that serve as guides for using databases to which users from VŠB-TUO have access
REGISTRATION OF PUBLICATION ACTIVITY IN OBD
Users can submit requests for adding codes to lists of sources, conferences and publishers via idesk (OBD queue). The responsible staff handles the requests in the shortest possible time.
Circulation department Poruba
+420 597 324 574
Reading Room Poruba
+420 597 324 566
Faculty of Economics – Circulation Desk, Study Room
+420 597 322 154
Faculty of Safety Engineering Library
+420 597 322 807
Faculty of Civil Engineering Library
+420 597 321 334
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Staff and phone directory